For a 5th consecutive year, our partner “Les Motoneiges Géro”, a BRP dealer in Saint-Jean-de-Matha, allows me to test a new snowmobile as part of the long-term test program.
I will test the Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE Turbo-130 2023, one of the most appreciated models in the Quebec trails.
Here are Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE Turbo-130 2023 main characteristics:
- 900 ACE Turbo engine
- For 2023, in the 4-stroke, you have the choice between the 900 Ace atmos-pheric engine and two turbo engines:
- 900 ACE Turbo-130 and turbo-R.
- The 900 ACE Turbo R engine develops 180 hp and the turbo-130, 130 hp.
- In 2021, the turbo on the 900 Ace offered 150 hp; since 2022 the turbo 130 offers us the same number of hp as the 1200cc BRP engine.
This turbo is more efficient and lighter than its predecessor (150hp) and its fuel consumption is very close to that of the 900 Ace.
BRP returns with its ITC system to power this engine, which was modified in 2022 to obtain more predictable accelerations, especially in sport mode. The two other modes are also back: Eco and Standard.
BRP also comes back with the pDrive pulley that has already proven itself.
REV GEN 4 chassis with extended design
Since 2019, Ski-Doo snowmobiles with 900 ACE Turbo engines are assembled on the REV GEN 4 chassis with a wider design. The side panels are wider than the narrow version for E-TEC engines, so they offer additional protection against wind and weather.
We still have the same ergonomics with the Ergo-Step panels that allow us to move easily on the snowmobile.
The look is really impressive and will turn heads again.
The traction comes from the Ice Ripper XT 137X15X1,25 track which will make our outings safer especially when the trails are icy.
For 2023, this snowmobile will still be equipped with the new dial introduced in 2021, a 7.8″ wide color LCD display with BRP connect.
This dial allows us to customize the information we want, as well as display the route and link it to our smartphone. You can also configure the dial to have a different display depending on the ambient light and you also have the automatic option and the dial adjusts itself.
The dial is adjustable from a wheel located on the left in front of us on the cabin.
You also find an electric starter and an electromechanical reverse gear.
The Renegade Enduro also comes with two sets of linQ attachment points and adjustable mirrors.
Finally, don’t forget the heated seat, which will still be very appreciated, especially at the end of cold days.
In addition, there is a heated cell phone case in the compartment under the windshield and a USB port for plugging in.
Our test snowmobile also has the new suspension introduced in 2021:
- At the front, the RAS X allows you to change the distance between the skis by offering 3 possibilities: 42.1 – 43.0 – 43.9 inches. Normally, most of the other BRP snowmobiles have a 42.4 inches gap. I will start the season with the 43.0-inch gauge.
- In the back, the rMotion X with air controlled shock absorber (ACS).
On the ski side, we will find the new Pilot TX ski that allows us to adjust the bite of the carbide rail according to our preferences and that is designed for the type of suspension that equips this snowmobile.
This suspension impressed me in 2021 with its performance and comfort. Since the Enduro also has an ACS shock absorber, I can only imagine how comfortable this snowmobile will be.
Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE Turbo-130 2023 Options:
This year, thanks to our partner, the Motoneiges Géro, we have the chance to try many accessories with the snowmobile. Here is the list:
- Long-range LED headlights
- Tunnel snow scraper
- The adjustable windshield is from medium to high (19″ to 23″)
- Socket for visor
Things to watch out for during my long-term test
In order to give you the best possible report and my impressions of this model, here are the specific elements we will be checking throughout the season:
Performance of the 900 ACE Turbo engine in all 3 driving modes in this, its 10th year of production.
- Fuel consumption.
- Front and rear suspension performance with the ACS shock absorber.
- Use of the LCD dial.
- Integration and use of accessories.
- Driving the snowmobile with Pilot TX skis.
- General reliability and maintenance of the snowmobile.
In conclusion, I would like to thank Les Motoneiges Géro, BRP dealer in Saint-Jean-de-Matha, for the loan of the Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE Turbo-130 2023 for a long-term test. I invite you to meet the Géro team in-store to see the new Ski-Doo and Can-Am off-road products.