Throughout my many years as a snowmobiler, I have worn many different styles of helmets and have always looked for the ones in which I didn’t feel suffocated and that offered me the best visibility. For a long time, I rode with open face helmets that gave me what I was looking for. When I started using a modular helmet, I took off the breathing mask because I couldn’t tolerate it, and it gave me better visibility at the same time. I often ride with the visor up a bit to get more air and minimize fogging. I had heated visors that I used when I couldn’t prevent fogging. So, when BRP offered me the chance to try their Oxygen helmet, I had high expectations, and I can tell you that I am excited about this helmet.
Regardless of the conditions, so far, the visor has never fogged. I even removed the vapour barrier to see if there would be a difference and no fogging. I haven’t used the heated visor yet, so I can’t comment on it at the moment, and it comes with a control to adjust the temperature, which will surely be useful. Also, the magnet heating wire attachment system seems much stronger than other systems on the market. The headphones are lighter than the ones I used to wear and reduce the noise around them just enough to keep everything safe. Visibility is excellent: large visual field. It more than meets my expectations.
My last helmets were modular, so the whole front would come up. In the case of the Oxygen helmet, it is only the visor that comes up, and it took me some time to get used to always having the base of the helmet in front of me. However, I should point out that the visor is so wide that you are not disturbed by this part of the helmet. Personally, being able to raise the front of the helmet would be one more benefit to add to the list of many other advantages the helmet has, but as I just wrote, it is a personal preference.
Finally, I would like to thank BRP for allowing me to get to know and try the Oxygen helmet. The latter will travel many kilometres with me.
Here are the main features that make me appreciate this helmet.
- 4-year limited warranty
- Lightweight M-FORGE® composite shell – 20% lighter than BV2S helmet and 16% lighter than Modular helmet
- Heated compartment for the solar visor
- Amplified heated visor with a pivot contact system
- Retractable amber solar visor
- Allows glasses to be worn
- Adjustable ventilation system
- Panoramic view; no mask for a unique experience
- Visor with a reliable and resistant anti-fog and anti-scratch coating
- NCS System: Up to 2x noise reduction compared to BV2S headphones and up to 3x noise reduction compared to modular headphones
- Precise adjustment of the visor opening
- LED front utility light, optional
- Neck protector for reduced air infiltration
- Battery-free rear light for improved visibility
- Rear eLinQ magnetic connector
- Remote control with visor heat intensity indicators
- Available in 3TG
- Available with amber solar visor for better vision in snowy conditions.
- M-FORGE® composite shell for better resistance to extreme conditions
- Designed to accommodate a communication system.
- All functions can be used with gloves.
- 2 hull sizes for better comfort
- Quick-release chin strap
- Fully recyclable shell for minimal environmental impact
- Aerodynamic shape to reduce fatigue in the neck area